Home » Unit 1 Reflection

Unit 1 Reflection

For Our first Rhetorical Assignment essay, my class was assigned to read and analyze texts given to us in class on the topic of Code Switching. the goal of this essay was to see how well the writer is doing rhetorically within the topic being discussed in the text itself. Some examples of this that should have been discussed within the essay were how well the author spoke to their audience effectively and how they went about speaking to who they were trying to appeal to, what methods they used to write rhetorically, such as the first concepts we were introduced; Pathos, Lagos, ethos. For essay 1, I decided to write about Amy Tan’s piece “Mother Tongue” her stance was how Code-switching has negatively affected her life and has even reached outside of her scope and how it has affected her Mother’s life and the effects they have suffered due to Code-Switching and the ignorance behind speaking “proper” English. While writing this paper, I first gained experience looking at how well authors approach their audience, finding out who their audience is, and rhetorical appeals. My essay below conveys how I developed the skill to analyze rhetorical texts.

Draft 1

Revision